AMD Radeon™ Chill
Improving energy efficiency
With Radeon Chill ON, GPU Module Average Power Consumption (Watts) is reduced by a maximum of 31% (World of Warcraft game)
Decrease in temperature
With Radeon Chill ON, GPU average temperature in Celsius is reduced by a maximum of 13% (World of Warcraft game)
Faster rendering of frames to the display
With Radeon Chill ON, the average milliseconds of frames per display is reduced by a maximum of 32% (World of Warcraft game)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.What APIs does AMD Radeon ™ Chill support?
- Radeon Chill works for most titles using DirectX® 9, DirectX® 10, DirectX® 11, and DirectX® 12 and Vulkan®.
- Why are my UWP games not working for Radeon Chill?
A.UWP games are not supported for Radeon Chill.
- Does Radeon Chill work with Radeon FreeSync™ technology?
- Radeon Chill is an excellent match with a Radeon FreeSync™ technology capable display.
- Does Radeon Chill replace FRTC (Frame Rate Target Control)?
- No. It currently does not, however Radeon Chill does have similar behavior for capping FPS at maximum limits when set per game.2
- Do I have to enable Radeon Chill for games that are supported?
- No. Radeon Chill is a completely optional feature with toggles for both enabling the feature globally as well as per game.
- What is the RTS /MOBA Radeon Chill option for?
- This option should be used with RTS/MOBA games to enhance the Radeon Chill experience.